According to The Hoboken Girl, the art of yoga has spread out near and far. One such form is hot yoga. This was originally started by Bikram Choudhury and the hot temperature in the room was created to replicate the heat and humidity of India — where yoga found its roots. Today, there have been various modifications to the traditional practice while staying true to the mission of preparing the body for movement and removing impurities in the mind.
This vigorous form of yoga is performed in a warm, humid studio. The warm temperature makes it easier for muscles to stretch and increase the range of motion with each pose.
Read to find some hot yoga studios in North Jersey.
- Real Hot Yoga | 1414 Grand Street, Hoboken
- Hudson County: Powerflow Yoga | Multiple locations
- Surya Yoga Academy | Multiple locations
- Essex County: Good Vibes Yoga & Kombucha Bar | 237 Franklin Avenue, Nutley
- Indigo Yoga | 351 Bloomfield Avenue, Caldwell
- Jaipure Yoga | 575 Bloomfield Avenue, Montclair
- Juniper Yoga Fitness | 213 Bellevue Avenue, Montclair
Credits to The Hoboken Girl